From the Website "acouplecooks.com"
Sonja & Alex, the husband & wife recipe writers and photographers behind "A Couple Cooks A Couple Cooks" provides over 1500 recipes and resources to help you eat more tasty vegetables helping millions of people per month get dinner on the table. Visit the website for more recipes and fun! A Couple Cooks
Ever made kale chips? Now’s the time to try. This irresistibly salty and crunchy snack makes crispy kale taste like the best invention since sliced bread.
Kale chips are very easy to make: you just need to know a few tips to make them come out perfectly. There are lots of ways to make them; here’s what Alex and I like to do for ours:
- Use Tuscan kale. Alex and I prefer Tuscan kale to curly kale: the flavor is milder and it’s a little sturdier for chips. See below.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. You’ll want the kale ultra dry so that the oil sticks to it.
- Tear the kale into “chip” sized bites. Remove the stems, since these get tough and stringy in the oven.
- Season to perfection. You’ll mix with olive oil, then add salt and onion powder
- Bake at 275 for 30 minutes. Place the chips in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at low heat for 30 minutes: you’ll be surprised at how crispy they become!